About the job
Job Title: Product & Commercial Manager, Minigrids
Department: Mini Grids
Reporting line: Head of Mini Grids, Nigeria
About ENGIE BU Africa ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.www.engie-africa.comwww.linkedin.com/company/engie-africa.
As part of the Access to Energy Minigrid Nigeria management team and functionally attached to the global Head of Product & Commercial Minigrid, the Product & Commercial manager is responsible for the product development, the customer experience and the revenues at country level. This covers our different revenue streams of electricity sales, appliances sales, customer finance, ad hoc services. To meet her/his goal, her/his scope will cover customer care and customer service, marketing, business incubation program and support to entrepreneurs, building and managing local partners, data analytics and activities monitoring. She/He will be in charge of managing the commercial team in the clusters of operations. This position implies to work in close relationship with the whole minigrid team in Nigeria, the ENGIE Energy Access team and the global Product & Commercial team.
- Structure and lead all commercial activities within the company
- Manage commercial team in cluster (Objectives setting, training, support, monitoring, performance evaluation etc.) on all commercial topics: energy sales, appliances sales, customer finance management, customer experience, other services
- Build the budget, monitor activities and build the commercial monthly reporting
Deliverables and Activities
- Build and maintain operational monitoring and management tools for commercial activities
- Analyse commercial data to improve performance, processes and products
Organize a network of partners
- Develop and manage a network of local partners to boost income generating activities in the mini-grid sites
Sales (before cluster creation)
- Be responsible for client acquisition and retention
- Sales energy-efficient appliances and machines
Customer support and community engagement (Before cluster creation)
- Support customers and the community in the usage and understating of our product & services
- Manage Local Operators in the cluster zone
- Be responsible for customer satisfaction
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years in commercial activities management (marketing, sales, customer experience and performance management) or in a related field
- Masters in Business or Management
- Strong analytical capacity
- Enjoy working on several projects in parallel, capacity to organize teams to deliver project in a timely manner
- Ability to be part of a multi-cultural team and to work with several streams
- Be passionate about improving rural communities life
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products and basic IT knowledge required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with PowerBI or tableau is a plus
- Autonomous and proactive mindset
- Economic modelling knowledge is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate in at least 1 local language. More is a plus.
- Experience in technology required for the role
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!