Odyssey is a climate tech start-up transforming the clean energy transition in emerging markets. We are the only end-to-end investment and asset management platform for distributed energy, offering project developers and investors a business-in-a-box solution to finance, build and operate distributed energy projects at scale across the globe. We’re facilitating more than $1.3B of finance into the sector, have unparalleled market traction, and top-tier venture investors behind us. We are a diverse team with 16+ nationalities represented, all oriented around one major goal: to be THE platform accelerating the distributed renewables revolution. We’re mission-driven, relentlessly focused on delivery, and highly collaborative and supportive of our teammates. We only hire team players with an appetite to swing big.
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to scale our go-to-market strategies, grow the Odyssey brand and drive revenue goals. The first area of focus will be our equipment procurement business, Odyssey Procure, where we need support in merchandising, content creation (data sheets, case studies), webinar management and in building and distributing buzz-worthy marketing campaigns across channels.
You have two years of marketing experience and are excited to be a part of the clean energy transition. You are a fantastic communicator with a keen eye for well-designed marketing materials and a knack for zeroing in on details to make sure everything you produce is up to your high quality standard. You are a pro-active and independent worker who loves to collaborate and brainstorm new marketing ideas. You are comfortable digging for data and using that data to inform marketing activities.
– Work closely with OEM and Procurement Managers to ensure all products on the Odyssey Procure site are up-to date with the best possible pictures and information
– Create eye-catching layouts on the Odyssey Procure store depending on promotions, seasonal changes and other business needs
– Oversee planning and implementation of merchandising strategies
– Work cross-functionally with Procurement and Marketing Teams to create buzz-worthy campaigns about new and existing products both to share on social media and messaging platforms and for the Odyssey Procure webshop
– Responsible for working with Procurement and Marketing Teams to publish compelling technical guides, videos and other resources to help customers navigate solar equipment choices
– Collaborate with Marketing Team to keep a steady stream of webinars and other events available for customers
– Work with technical sales team to understand and portray equipment and OEM-specific selling points for specific campaigns, including Whatsapp Broadcast lists, LinkedIn, Webinars and more
– Proofread and write equipment pages, add data sheets, manuals, compatibility lists using Shopify and associated back-end software integrations
– Conduct regular analysis of website users, analysis of ease-of-use and website efficiency
– Support with the Odyssey Procure sales team to ensure they have the materials they need to successfully convert new leads into customers
– 2+ years experience in marketing
– Strong written and verbal skills
– Comfort with Google Docs, Canva and basic video editing
– Understanding of major components of solar installations – key equipment, their uses is a plus
– Experience working in e-commerce a plus