The Legal Assistant plays a pivotal role in providing comprehensive legal support to d.light. This position involves a wide range of responsibilities, including drafting and reviewing contracts, coordinating with external counsels, managing documentation, conducting legal research, and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. The Legal Assistant will collaborate closely with internal teams, handle project requests and offer general legal assistance as needed.
- The Legal Assistant will be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and editing contracts, agreements, and legal documents. Attention to detail and a thorough understanding of contractual language are essential.
- Collaborate effectively with external legal counsel and internal departments to facilitate litigation processes and manage legal matters. Clear communication and coordination skills are crucial.
- Assist in various litigation-related activities, including gathering relevant documents, maintaining organized records, and ensuring timely responses to legal inquiries.
- Provide assistance on project-related legal matters, contributing to the successful execution of company initiatives. While adhering to legal requirements.
- Manage compliance tasks such as Know Your Customer (KYC) requests and internal compliance audits. Ensure the organization’s adherence to legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Conduct thorough legal research, analyze findings, and provide well-informed opinions on complex legal issues, contributing to informed decision-making.
- Offer comprehensive legal support as required by the organization, addressing various legal queries and tasks that arise in the course of business operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or related field. Additional legal certifications or courses are a plus.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with good standing.
- 2 to 3 years of experience as a legal assistant or in a related role.
- Strong understanding of corporate law, contract law and legal principles.
- Experience in equity fundraising transactions, corporate finance, and mergers & acquisitions will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in legal research and analysis.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and independently.
- Prior experience in a legal assistant role or related position is preferred.
- Familiarity with compliance process and documentation.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and legal research databases.