About the job
About ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGO solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the mini grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.6 million customers and more than 8 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to impact 20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
Engie Energy Access (EEA)) is seeking a highly motivated, independent, creative, ethical and experienced Business Support Officer to support the business in its drive towards improved Governance and Ways of Working. This person will report to Global Head of Strategy & Policy and work closely with the relevant Directors, Managers as well as the HR Centres of Expertise (CoEs) to ensure that our governance principles and agreed ways of working are followed.
The role will ensure that all governance meetings are effective and efficient. Due to the nature of the role, it is expected that 10 – 20% travel time will be required.
Liaise with the meeting owners and attendees of each governance meeting to meet guidelines per EEA policy. Support Stakeholders to resolve gaps and consistently meet expectations and deliverables.
For all assigned meetings, implement the 5Ps of meeting best practice as follows:
- PURPOSE – ensure the meeting charter for each assigned meeting is in place and maintained and shared when required.
- PLAN – Schedule meetings appropriately as defined in the meeting charter well in advance, e.g., 12 months for regular recurring meetings.
Maintain an up-to-date list of meeting attendees, identify availability of attendees when scheduling, book rooms and venues where required.
- PREPARE – follow up with attendees to ensure inputs for governance meetings are provided on time and adhere to the agreed standards and guidelines for content quality. Ensure pre-read materials are shared with required stakeholders and documented and filed appropriately.
- PARTICIPATE – ensure MS Teams meetings are recorded where required and recordings filed and shared appropriately. Record meeting attendance. Interpret information accurately to produce high quality minutes.
- POST-MEETING – Ensure minutes capture key discussion and actions points with clear owners and due dates. Share minutes with required Stakeholders per the agreed format and timeline. Follow up as required with all Stakeholders to ensure tasks are completed. Respond to and resolve queries on action items assigned to team members.
- Provide administrative support to organizers of EEA seminars as may be required.
- Responsible for updating the leadership organizational charts for EEA.
- Ensuring version control is applied for all committee related documents.
- General guidance and support for committees and meeting owner on the governance framework and requirements.
Ways of Working
- This role involves servicing a variety of meetings which include sensitive, emotional and confidential information. The employee is responsible for maintaining strict confidentiality on all topics discussed.
- Promote a culture of governance adherence by being an advocate for acceptable meeting behavior, governance requirements, confidentiality and general ways of working.
Experience and skills
- 4-5 years minimum work experience in a similar role providing business support in terms of taking notes/minutes of meetings, record management and follow up.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English, with a preference for French, Portuguese or Swahili
- Excellent knowledge of governance frameworks and how these apply within organizations.
- Project Management experience will be beneficial.
- Outstanding planning and implementation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Energetic, decisive, critical and creative forward thinker
- Tenacious and resilient
- Solutions focused and pro-active.
- Ability to work in an environment with high levels of ambiguity.
- Demonstrates exceptional levels of integrity.
- Ability and drive to work independently and to follow through on all tasks.
- Strong Stakeholder Management experience and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Proactively review process mechanisms and identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Business Related Degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products, especially MS Project TEAMS, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and associated apps and add-ons.
- French or Swahili an added advantage
We are building a diverse and inclusive team, and this opportunity is open to any qualified internal and external applicants. Women, candidates from Africa and those with experience working on the continent are particularly encouraged to apply for this role.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!