About the job
JCM Power (www.jcmpower.ca) is an independent power producer dedicated to accelerating social, economic and environmental sustainability in growth markets through the development, construction and operation of renewable energy facilities. We establish long-term partnerships with local communities, governments, and financial institutions to build and operate clean energy projects in markets where economies are growing rapidly and electricity is currently scarce, but sun and wind are abundant. We are seeking an ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) Coordinator to join our ESG team. Reporting to the ESG Director, this person will be responsible for providing support with day to day tasks at both the corporate and project levels.
The role of ESG Coordinator will be to support the ESG Director in the execution of the following tasks:
Corporate Level Tasks:
- Track ESG performance at construction and operational sites.
- Track and gather company data.
- Provide support during E&S Advisory Committee meetings, supporting with preparations and follow up actions.
- Assist with the management and monitoring of Social and Economic Development projects at project development sites.
Project Level Tasks:
- Assist with ESG tasks associated with mergers and acquisitions such as project screening and due diligence.
- Assist with all ESG related tasks from project inception through to the start of construction and into operations of the renewable energy power plants.
- Assist with the implementation of environmental and Social Management Systems (ESMS) for operating renewable energy power plants.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- ESG professional with a post graduate degree in relevant environmental management field required.
- Proven track record as a high performer.
- Operates to the highest standard of ethics, transparency, and shows potential for accelerated growth.
- Business-level proficiency in English (written/verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, agile team environment, managing multiple deadlines and internal/external stakeholder expectations.
- Willing to undertake international travel.
- Valid passport.
- Valid driver’s license.
To be determined by candidate experience and qualifications and by market conditions.