AFSIA is the reference association for solar professionals in Africa. The association is headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda and carries out solar-related activities and programs across Africa. Its regional coverage stretches from Egypt to South-Africa, from Cape Verde to Madagascar.
AFSIA promotes solar energy in the African region from large scale grid-connected projects to off-grid solar home systems, through hybrid systems including diesel and storage to solar water pumping, solar stoves or solar water heaters.
AFSIA organizes networking opportunities for solar professionals and gives them access to the right information and the right network to expand their business and strengthen the solar industry across the continent.
Thanks to its growing activities and the launch of new programs, AFSIA is currently recruiting for a Director of Operations to support and strengthen the company’s growth.
The Director of Operations will report to the CEO and will be in charge of managing day-to-day operations of the team, overseeing the delivery of new projects and programs, and improving internal operational standards of AFSIA with the support of project teams.
To deliver these activities, the Director of Operations will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery including designing and executing research, creating content, marketing and providing adequate deliverables.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day delivery of existing programs and content
- Carry out data management and analysis for AFSIA presentations and publications
- Design and implement strategic plan for program delivery and meeting deadlines
- Be responsible for P&L of programs and manage operational performance
- Analyze and improve existing internal procedures and processes
- Innovate and develop new content and programs together with teams
- Periodically review team performance and implement corrective action plan to meet targets and improve programs reach
- Support skills development, coach and manage individual training plans
- Interact with members and stakeholders to stay up-to-date on latest industry trends
- Represent AFSIA at international trade events and conferences through public presentations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in energy association or national/international energy organization (solar preferred but not mandatory)
- Excellent polyglot (preferred languages are English, French, Portuguese, Swahili OR Arabic; any other African national language is a plus)
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Demonstrated experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams and engaging external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with designing, creating and running target groups focused programs
- Demonstrated experience with organizing and running live and online events
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and management of databases
- Capable to absorb large volumes of information and synthesize clearly
- High level of punctuality and respecting deadlines
- Customer-centric mindset
- Familiar with managing professional social media platforms
- Already based in Rwanda or readiness to relocate to Rwanda
- Experience with infrastructure finance is a plus
The position is full-time and based in Kigali.
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability and interest in the position to email@example.com with the subject “Director of Operations”