The risk and compliance officer will work to strengthen the risk management and internal controls environment within d.light by implementing a consistent process of compliance monitoring, in-depth root analysis and close collaboration with process owners to implement recommended actions. This position reports directly to the internal control manager and covers the entire scope of d.light’s subsidiaries and operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a compliance review plan covering risky areas of operations in all OPCOs • Create comprehensive compliance testing programs for key controls in each of the priority processes
- Develop compliance report templates that are fit to the organization’s purposes • Perform compliance audits in line with the compliance review plan and detailed compliance testing programs
- Identify instances of non-compliance with set policies and procedures and ESG requirements • Conduct comprehensive root cause analysis of the identified instances of non-compliance and propose recommendations
- Work collaboratively with process owners to implement the recommended actions • Prepare compliance reports for each of the core processes and OPCOs and comprehensive reports for the board audit committees
- Track implementation of remedial measures and management actions agreed on in internal audit and internal compliance reviews
- Feed into the risk assessment process across the organization.
- Coordinate and schedule required compliance training for employees
- Support in the continuous development of compliance education programs
- Create risk awareness as they undertake their duties with an overall objective of creating a strong risk and control self-assessment culture.
- Percentage of compliance review plan achieved.
- Number of repeat audit observations, with the same risk rating – target zero
- Number of closed actions that recur as repeat observations – target zero.
- Accurate reporting of implementation status of management actions: Number of surprise audit observations, not highlighted internal compliance monitoring activities – target zero.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in internal audit, risk management or compliance roles • Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- High attention to detail in executing reviews and preparing accurate reports.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret data accurately and policies, analyze causes and develop recommendations.
- Experience in working with MS Office suite of tools. Data analytics software experience will be an added advantage.
- Diligent: must be willing to see an issue through to resolution.
- Confidence: the ability to conduct reviews and have tough conversations with experienced process owners.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and able to meet deadlines • Should have a strong moral code and sense of ethics.