Equator Solar System (EQS) is a Ugandan based company setup to become a driver for industrial and
commercial solar power generation and an energy service provider. In co-operation with strong
international partners, Equator Solar aims at high quality sustainable energy solutions for Uganda. The
company is based in Ntinda, Kampala and provides its services all over Uganda and in the neighboring
EQS is looking for an Electrical Engineering Trainee to support technical operations. This includes
participation in conducting energy audits, installation and planning of solar PV systems and supporting
in office management and administration. You will schedule, plan and manage your own technical
activities as well as support ongoing renewable energy projects.
The Electrical Engineering Trainee reports to the Regional Manager.
Responsibilities and duties
• Support the execution of energy efficiency and solar PV projects.
• Participate in energy efficiency, solar potential and feasibility studies.
• Field work for project implementation, data collection and site-surveys.
• Prepare electrical CAD drawings.
• Analyze electricity consumption data and simulate solar PV system generation.
• Performance monitoring including analyses of large datasets.
• Preparation of reports on project progress and documentation.
• Overall business support, administrative support to management, perform general office
• Graduate or final year student in Electrical Engineering or a related field. Diploma in Electricals
or previous hands-on experience is a plus.
• Work experience, especially in the Field of Renewable Energy, preferential Energy Efficiency or
Solar Photovoltaics is a plus.
• Experience in conducting research and data analyses is a plus.
• Experience in data analytics (Advanced Excel skills, further programming languages are a plus).
• Positive mindset and team player.
• Strong verbal communication and report writing skills.
• Intercultural skills and experiences in working with international teams.
• Solution oriented, coming up with ideas, explaining them, with information such as pros and
cons, feasibility and costs.
• Highly committed and motivated character.
• Languages: English business level fluently, additional Ugandan languages will be an advantage.
Location: Kampala, local travel required
Start of work: Immediately
The following documents should be attached with your application:
– Cover Letter, 1-page
– CV, 1-page
Send your email application in PDF format to the following address before 28/02/2021:
Applications will be reviewed continuously. Therefore, we encourage early applications.