Technician Operations & Maintenance – large-scale – Malindi, Kenya
- Coordinating with Technicians and Engineer and site team members
- Maintain close monitoring of preventive maintenance activities.
- Reporting to Plant Manager and Engineer.
Roles & Responsbilities
- Perform the Operation and Maintenance of the installed equipment’s as per plan includes PV area equipment, Transformers, Medium voltage switchgear and other panels, Switchyard, HVAC and other Utilities.
- Following instructions of site in-charge and engineer for safe and smooth operations at site
- Should support the team to ensure trouble free operations at site
- Follow instructions of HSE to ensure safe and smooth operations.
- Providing support in Plant and substation monitoring and maintenance and smooth operations of equipment and plant.
- Ensure support and timely completion of activities during all kind of Maintenance and operations related activities within reasonable minimum time to minimize the equipment/plant down time.
- Ensure availability and provide support at site or at substation as and when required at any time during breakdown/Schedule/unscheduled maintenance or when required.
- Report significant events to O&M Engineer and maintain necessary log of Unsafe Conditions, Unsafe Acts and Near Miss reporting.
- Safe and proper handling and upkeeping of company assets, spares and tools.
- Follow the instructions of control center and CEN in coordination with plant head.
- Record keeping of all events, breakdowns, RCA and preventive maintenance.
- Support in preparation of documentation and reports
- Visual inspection of the plant
- Daily check all installed equipment’s status through SCADA system.
- Take the corrective actions to rectify any fault to minimize the down time.
Diploma/ITI/Wireman from Govt recognized institute.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in operation and maintenance, having experience in 132/220 KV switch yard is an added advantage
- Work experience in Photovoltaic, LV and MV electrical systems, preferably in Renewable Power plant.
- Able to read and interpret single line diagrams and schematics.
- Working knowledge of work permit, LOTO, PTW & QHSE
- Should have basic computer literacy esp. in Word, Excel, Power point.