PowerGen provides turnkey energy solutions to residential, community, commercial, and industrial customers in East Africa and beyond. Founded in 2011 our focus is on providing robust photo-voltaic and wind systems for off-grid demands. PowerGen offers a range of products and services that enable customers in a variety of markets to take advantage of the renewable energy resources around them. From a small home wind turbine system to an industrial-scale solar PV array, we offer a one-stop solution to energy challenges.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya or remote with up to 30% travel to Nairobi
Start date: Immediate
Reports to: COO
PowerGen’s business extends along the entire life cycle of a utility in Africa. This breadth enables
PowerGen to play a key role in driving forward the private utility sector in Africa.
- Strong technical knowledge in solar PV, off-grid batteries, and distribution networks in Africa
- Ability to manage and grow a young, hungry team
- Ability to understand commercial considerations related to projects, interface with internal revenue teams, and build relationships with clients
- Experience utilizing engineering software tools like AutoCAD, Homer, PVsyst, Helioscope, ETAP or equivalent software required to professionally undertake MW scale
PV/storage/distribution design work
- Comfort working with a small, growing company with aggressive growth targets
- Experience managing budgets