Solar Technician/Installer – C&I – Gaborone, Botswana
- BEng Electrical & Electronics
- 5 to 10 years of PV installation experience
- He/ She should have worked hands-on in the solar industry and must have designed and installed solar PV plants of more than 100kWp
- Install photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
- Assemble solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified.
- Install module array interconnects wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation. Install electrical components, equipment, or systems.
- Identify methods for laying out, orienting, and mounting modules or arrays to ensure efficiently
installation, electrical configuration, or system maintenance.
- Identify the electrical, environmental, and safety hazards associated with photovoltaic (PV) installations.
- Examine designs to determine current requirements for all parts of the photovoltaic (PV) system
electrical circuit. Review blueprints or specifications to determine work requirements.
- Check electrical installation for proper wiring, polarity, grounding, or integrity of terminations. Inspect electrical or electronic systems for defects.
- Test operating voltages to ensure operation within acceptable limits for power conditioning equipment, such as inverters and controllers. Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning. Identify and resolve any deficiencies in photovoltaic (PV) system installation or materials. The program, adjust or configure inverters and controls for desired set points and operating modes.
- Determine connection interfaces for additional subpanels or for connecting photovoltaic (PV) systems with utility services or other power generation sources
- Activate photovoltaic (PV) systems to verify system functionality and conformity to performance expectations.
- Demonstrate system functionality and performance, including start-up, shut-down, normal operation, and emergency or bypass operations.
- Measure and analyze system performance and operating parameters to assess the operating conditions of systems or equipment.
- Test green technology installations to verify performance.
- Compile or maintain records of system operation, performance, and maintenance.
Submit your applications to Umesh Loona at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Solar Technician/Installer