- The Senior Investment Officer (“Sr. IO”) will report to the Head of Investments and be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships, driving transactions, structuring innovative and bankable solutions, and growing our loan portfolio across Africa and Asia. They will also be required to lead arrange and structure syndicated transactions. The candidate will have existing networks in SunFunder’s investment arena and be able to hit the ground running.
- Grow our portfolio. You will actively contribute to the growth of the current portfolio by building and developing a strong eligible pipeline of investment opportunities in existing markets and new markets.
- Lead transactions from beginning to end. As a Sr. IO, you will be leading the full investment cycle including origination, due diligence and credit risk assessments of existing and/or potential counterparties, negotiating and structuring transactions to financial close. This includes developing and managing the client relationship, leading negotiations of transaction terms and documentation, managing internal and external stakeholders and working with Analysts to present to our credit committee. We pride ourselves on our quick turnaround.
- Maintain a healthy portfolio. You will maintain high quality relationships with customers with regular check-ins for portfolio monitoring purposes and to ensure we cater to their scaling needs.
- Innovate and expand. In a rapidly moving market and a largely untapped market, we look to IOs to develop new solar lending products to meet our customers’ and the sector’s evolving financing needs and facilitate entry into new markets.
- Build the SunFunder brand. You will regularly represent the company at conferences, seminars and other relevant events in the region or worldwide, as required. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining SunFunder’s strategic partnerships with investors, co-lenders, advisors and other industry participants.
- Support strategic initiatives. You will be actively involved in supporting and championing initiatives that accelerate our growth.
- Mentor investment analysts. You will be paired with an investment analyst for every transaction and it’s an important value of SunFunder to help others grow and develop professionally.
For more details, please see the full job description here
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. In your email, tell us why you are the right person for the job (bonus points for brevity). Email title: “Senior Investment Officer”.
The application deadline is April 30th, 2021.