Job Summary: As a Renewable Energy Specialist, you will qualify, analyze, develop, and oversee the construction of renewable energy projects in the Commercial & Industrial fields. You will see projects from conception to completion and through the lifetime of the system. You will also play a role in project management and will be responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of the project while remaining aligned with the strategy, commitments, and goals of LTM Energy.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
• PV Design Specialist Certification or equivalent (PV green card, P4 or equivalent).
• Proven Solar and battery system design and construction experience.
• Willingness to Travel in SA and on rare occasions, Africa.
• Valid Driver’s License and 5 years’ experience is required (min: manual shift vehicle/bakkie).
• Strong computer skills.
• Proficiency with advanced spreadsheet creation.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD and similar industry-standard CAD software will be beneficial.
• Highly organized individual, that thrives in process-driven as well as creative environments.
• Strong writing, documentation, and communications skills.
• Attention to detail and a good understanding of electrical equipment.
• PMBOK Knowledge and certification will be beneficial.
• Review specifications and/or analyze potential renewable energy projects (at this stage mainly Solar PV).
• Assist the PV Specialist and advise the company and its client on PV related matters, including but not limited to feasibility, best performance, improved efficiency, quality and general project management related issues.
• Follow the latest developments and technologies in the Solar PV and energy storage field and inform the company of changes in this environment.
• Build supplier and contractor relationships to support the company’s Solar PV and Energy Storage drive, manage and mitigate risk through supplier contracts and intervention.
• Ensure all PV systems (including total EPC & M activity) meet the applicable regulations for SA, latest
recommendations from leading solar PV bodies, and comply with client requirements when provided.
• Deep understanding of NEC and FIDIC contracts.
• Attend and have the ability to address/present to customers, management, internal and external teams
involved in the EPC & M process.
• Perform renewable energy-related audits on-site and translate finding into custom-made solutions.
ROLE SPECIFIC INFORMATION:
• Technical support to the Call Centre regarding industrial & commercial & residential queries.
• Support for the PV Designer for industrial & commercial & residential proposals.
• Compilation & presentation of solar PV related business cases and proposals.
• Project management/project coordination as well as quality control & commissioning assistance (inclusive of testing, sign-off & handover) on all solar installations.
• Electrical & solar PV installations.
• PV Subject matter expert including storage.
• Ensure compliance & issuing of COC’s on various projects.
• Ad hoc tasks when needed.
UTILISING THE SHAREPOINT PLATFORM: LTM ENERGY PROJECT PLATFORM:
• Plan and implement projects.
• Help define project scope, goals, and deliverables.
• Define tasks and required resources.
• Collect documentation and manage the project team.
• Manage budget.
• Allocate project resources.
• Create schedules and project timelines.
• Track deliverables.
• Focus on quality assurance.
• Monitor and report on project progress.
• Present reports on progress as well as problems and solutions to the stakeholders.
• Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
• Evaluate and assess the result of the project.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
• At least 4-6 years proven Solar PV and Energy Storage experience, including but not limited to all aspects of EPC & M (Engineering/design, Procurement, Construction, and Maintenance).
• Possess experience in energy analytics & power system analytics.
• Possess knowledge of and/or experience in understanding electrical and electronic control circuits.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Possess good leadership, planning, and decision-making skills.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, (as a minimum: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MW Projects).
• Strong demonstrated skill to analyze existing electrical infrastructure.
• Travel is required as needed to address new projects and customer needs.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Strong analytical skills/inclination.
• Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
• Contract negotiation.
• Conflict resolution experience.
• Able to tolerate stress.
LTM Energy is an award-winning organization that specializes in comprehensive and integrated energy, water, and waste management solutions, our service offering ranges from residential to commercial and industrial solutions within South Africa. We approach energy management in an all-inclusive manner, ensuring that each and every energy-saving opportunity is appropriately explored. www.ltmenergy.co.za
Deadline: 1 February 2021