Main purpose of position
Currently we are looking for a Quantity Surveyor in Cape Town, South Africa to be part of our global team working together towards our vision – Improving our future. As our Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible to conduct site progress measurement and follow up of contracts in accordance with the corporate standards, policies and procedures and to assist the contract representatives with the pro-active administration to secure the cost, time and quality as envisaged in the contracts.
- Follow the guidelines and prescribed structures as outlined by the operating system.
- Provide continuous input towards improvement and optimization of the operating system.
- Assist to prepare tender documents with the input of engineering, quality, HSE and other relevant departments in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparing contracts for major purchases, consultants and construction.
- Assist with drafting contract correspondence, variation orders and notices in accordance with the contract.
- Maintain a contract register depicting correspondence in and out, variations, contract risks and final account details.
- Ensure that Work Package Manager and Project Manager is kept abreast of critical topics that have the potential to affect time, cost or quality.
- Attend internal and external progress meetings in coordination with the project manager.
- BSc QS (Hons) or relevant technical or commercial qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Contracts suites, NEC, GCC and FIDIC
- EPC Contractors scope
- EPC Contractors Schedule and the activities and deliverables
- 5+ years Construction Contract Administration experience with the FIDIC suite of contracts in companies with strong procurement and Supply Chain Management practices
- Demonstrate familiarity with contract terms and conditions and the FIDIC suit of contracts
- Proven track record in affecting contract savings
- Organized and methodical
- Driven, always looking for ways to improve and having high aspirations for own work
- Excellent management, communication and team working skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- High social and intercultural competence
- Dedicated and someone who takes “ownership” to tasks and responsibilities
- Self-reliant, efficient and structured
- Flexible and adaptable with a “can-do” attitude
- Highest ethical standards
- Compliance driven
- Should be available and accustomed to travel
- Must be able to work extended hours
- Must be adaptable to work in an open plan environment
Scatec is an exciting, innovative and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, diverse and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference.
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec’s vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together