Main purpose of position
Currently we are looking for a Project Technical Manager in Cape Town, South Africa to be part of our global team working together towards our vision – Improving our future. As our Project Technical Manager, you will be responsible for all of the technical deliverables from project structuring through to technical handover on the PV scope of works for a dedicated project, or portfolio of linked projects.
- Review and approval of technical supply contracts ensuring that the Plant is technically compliant with the PPA, Grid Code and other critical project documents (such as the Scatec functional requirements, project programme and permit and licensing conditions etc.).
- Managing and facilitating the detailed design as per the Scatec Solar Operating system.
- Ensuring that the project programme is reasonable and accurately considers the detailed Design Timeline, key equipment procurement and allowance for commissioning, testing and local Grid Connection requirements.
- Plan and manage engineering resources to ensure tasks are completed and delivered on time, especially with regards to detailed design and contract technical inputs.
- Ensure all technical parameters in the Project Documents (such as the functional requirements) are incorporated in the Final Project Design.
- Understand technical and environmental constraints inherent in the project and ensure this is carried through in the detailed design and project contracts.
- Follow-up and coordination of engineering discussions with subcontractors and suppliers on all technical matters.
- Manage and assess design change requests to be approved by the Lead Engineer and Project Manager.
- Assist supply chain with closing out and clarification of key supply contract schedules.
- Assist the Quality Department with input into technical queries.
- Ensure all technical standards are defined prior to the start of construction.
- Degree in Electrical / Electronical, Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineering
- 7+ year of engineering experience – Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction projects with Sub Stations and Transmission Lines
- Previous experience on handling communication with local utility and other relevant authorities and stakeholders
- Project Engineering experience
- An excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Based in Cape Town and able to travel to site frequently
- Independent and self-dependent working
- Analytical thinking
- Assertiveness and organizational skills
- High energy level and motivation.
- Proactive and initiative-taking
- Good at building relationships and trust, good judgment skills and high integrity
- Good communication and team skills, with ability to work in across functional team
- High social and intercultural competence
- Speak and write English fluently. Other language skills like Spanish, German, French are an advantage
- Excellent report writing skills
Scatec is an exciting, innovative and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, diverse and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference.
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec’s vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together