Main purpose of position
Currently we are looking for a Project Technical Manager in Cape Town, South Afirca to be part of our global team working together towards our vision – Improving our future. As our Project Technical Manager, you will be responsible for all of the technical deliverables from project structuring through to technical handover on the Interconnection Works (MV Switchgear, HV substations and OHLs), and BESS for a dedicated project, or portfolio of linked projects.
- Review and approval of technical supply contracts ensuring that the Plant is technically compliant with the PPA, Grid Code and other critical project documents (such as the Scatec functional requirements, project programme and permit and licensing conditions etc.).
- Managing and facilitating the detailed design as per the Scatec Operating system
- Esuring that the project programme is reasonable and accurately considers the detailed Design Timeline, key equipment procurement and allowance for commissioning, testing and local Grid Connection requirements
- Plan and manage engineering resources to ensure tasks are completed and delivered on time, especially with regards to detailed design and contract technical inputs.
- Ensure all technical parameters in the Project Documents (such as the functional requirements) are incorporated in the Final Project Design.
- Understand technical and environmental constraints inherent in the project and ensure this is carried through in the detailed design and project contracts.
- Manage and interface with contractors, utilities and equipment suppliers to establish, negotiate and align all technical aspects / approvals of the project.
- Follow-up and coordination of engineering discussions with subcontractors and suppliers on all technical matters.
- Manage and assess design change requests to be approved by the Engineer and Project Manager
- Assist supply chain with closing out and clarification of key supply contract schedules.
- Management of Governmental/Public/Grid Operator Stakeholders with approval process related to technical documentation and permits, licenses, authorizations, concessions needed during the execution of the HV and TX scope until COD.
- Attend and support project meetings with contractors and utilities.
- Degree in Electrical / Electronical, Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineering
- 7+ year of engineering experience – Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction projects with Sub Stations and Transmission Lines
- Previous experience on handling communication with local utility and other relevant authorities and stakeholders
- Project Engineering experience
- An excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Based in Cape Town and able to travel to site frequently
- Independent and self-dependent working
- Analytical thinking
- Assertiveness and organisational skills
- High energy level and motivation.
- Proactive and initiative-taking
- Good at building relationships and trust, good judgement skills and high integrity
- Good communication and team skills, with ability to work in across functional team
- High social and intercultural competence
- Speak and write English fluently. Other language skills like Spanish, German, French are an advantage
- Excellent report writing skills
Scatec is an exciting, innovative and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, diverse and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference.
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec’s vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together