Oolu Solar is a growing solar energy provider in West Africa with presence in Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, Cameroon and Nigeria and plans to expand within the region.
Our vision is to be a leading energy and financial services provider for millions of customers in developing countries.
This candidate will be responsible for conducting repairs on all technical products, this is to ensure we have the right products and they are all in good working condition, to train the field and office staff on new products and best practise and to run pilots/testings on new products and accessories.
Product Testing and Training
- Conduct market tests on new products (including components and accessories) that can meet the customers’ energy needs and functional requirements.
- Perform usage and life time stress tests, or cost reduction analysis;
- Log qualitative and quantitative information about the user-experience (photos, field notes, etc)
- Executing internal testing protocol
- Testing products on business use cases following established methodologies
Installation and Repairs
- Small scale (<3kW) Power System installation and Maintenance
- Implement a train-the-trainer program for technical installations and repairs
- Undergo training on technical aspects of the product
- Provide support to the Customer Care Agents in troubleshooting technical issues
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Qualifications: Degree in Electrical Engineering, Solar Engineering or a related degree.
- minimum of 1 year practical experience repairing electronic equipments (Solar Systems, TV, etc)
- Have experience testing technical products.
- Have a robust network to the peri-urban and rural areas in the area of location.
- Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Ability to analyze and process data/information — Compiling, calculating or verifying, etc.
- Capacity to train others
- Ability and willingness to travel for field visits is critical and to work on-call during off-shift hours
- Think Creatively and be Proactive!