Job Summary: In this role, you will inter alia take the lead in Solar PV designs, analysis, and/or project management. You will work alongside project engineers, master electricians, project managers, and contractors.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
• PV Design Specialist Certification or equivalent (PV green card, P4 or equivalent).
• Proven Solar and battery system design and construction experience.
• Valid Driver’s License and 5 years’ experience is required (min: manual shift vehicle/bakkie).
• Strong computer skills.
• Proficiency with advanced spreadsheet creation.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD and similar industry-standard CAD software will be beneficial.
• PMBOK Knowledge and certification will be beneficial.
• Review specifications and/or analyse potential renewable energy projects (at this stage mainly Solar PV).
• Design, develop a BOQ, and cost the Solar PV systems, including ground-mount, carport, and rooftop
systems, either grid-tied, hybrid, or off-grid.
• Perform the role of a PV Specialist and advise the company and its client on PV related matters, including but not limited to feasibility, best performance, improved efficiency, as well as quality and general project management related issues.
• Follow the latest developments and technologies in the Solar PV and energy storage field and inform the company of changes in this environment.
• Perform renewable energy-related audits on-site and translate finding into custom-made solutions.
ROLE SPECIFIC INFORMATION:
• Support to the Call Centre with all residential installation queries.
• PV Designs for industrial & commercial proposals.
• PV studies & business case write-ups.
• Junior Project management role or project coordination.
• Support the PV Subject matter expert.
• Ad hoc tasks when needed.
• Utilising the Sharepoint platform.
• Plan and implement projects.
• Help define project scope, goals, and deliverables.
• Define tasks and required resources.
• Collect documentation and manage the project team.
• Manage budget.
• Allocate project resources.
• Create schedules and project timelines.
• Track deliverables.
• Support and the direct team.
• Lead quality assurance.
• Monitor and report on project progress.
• Present reports on progress as well as problems and solutions to stakeholders.
• Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs.
• Evaluate and assess the result of the project.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
• At least 2-4 years of proven Solar PV and Energy Storage experience, including but not limited to all aspects of EPC & M (Engineering/design, Procurement, Construction, and Maintenance).
• Possess experience in energy analytics & power system analytics.
• Possess knowledge of and/or experience in understanding electrical and electronic control circuits.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Possess good leadership, planning and decision-making skills.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, (as a minimum: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MW Projects).
• Demonstrate strong skills in analyzing existing electrical infrastructure.
• Travel is sometimes required to address new projects and customer needs.
• Scope/design efficient PV systems using Helioscope and/or PVSyst, as well as supplier programs to correctly size the PV system, including cabling, combiners, inverters, and all other components of a complete system, also including energy storage.
• Conformance with relevant Codes and Standards applicable to the SA market.
• Translate system models into project proposals, including financial impact analysis and proposals to clients
• Critical thinking and problem-solving.
• Strong analytical skills/inclination.
• Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
• Contract negotiation.
• Conflict resolution experience.
• Adaptability and ability to tolerate stress.
LTM Energy is an award-winning organization that specializes in comprehensive and integrated energy, water, and waste management solutions, our service offering ranges from residential to commercial and industrial solutions within South Africa. We approach energy management in an all-inclusive manner, ensuring that each and every energy-saving opportunity is appropriately explored. www.ltmenergy.co.za
Deadline: 1 February 2021