Main purpose of position
Currently we are looking for a HSE Coordinator in Upington, South Africa to be part of our global team working together towards our vision – Improving our future. As our HSE Coordinator, you are responsible to develop, administer and ensure continual improvement of Scatec Solar: Operations & Maintenance Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management Systems to assure ‘industry best practice’.
- Support site management on the implementation of Scatec Solar HSSE Management Systems.
- Support site management on HSSE objectives and targets including relevant management programs.
- Support site management on legal and other requirements compliance.
- Support site management and team(s) on the development of risk assessments.
- Support management on the development of training matrix, plans and coordinate trainings.
- Conduct internal HSSE audits (quarterly) as per audit schedule.
- Conduct regular environmental inspections.
- Develop HSSE control documentations.
- Grade 12 or NQF Level 4
- Samtrack or equivalent training
- SHE Supervisor training or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience on HSE management position
- Experience in risk assessment and audit processes
- Incident investigation L3
- Hazard Identification Risk Assessment (HIRA) training
- Planned Task Observation (PTO) training
- Broad knowledge in risk assessment and audit processes
- Proficient on Word, Excel and Power Point computer programs
- Sound understanding of HSE legislative and other requirements
- Passionate about HSSEQ
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- A team builder with good communication skills and a capacity to engage audiences across all levels
- Good analytical and reasoning capabilities
- Consultative orientation
- Efficient time management
- Ability to prioritize and handle several different tasks at the same time
- Ability to act with discretion and treat confidential information appropriately
- Ability to influence people at all levels to improve HSE outcomes and organizational culture
- Ability to engage and understand customer and stakeholder needs and requirement
- Ability to work under high-pressure conditions
- Must be available to travel as and when required
- Must be able to work overtime according to operational needs
- Valid drivers’ license
Scatec is an exciting, innovative and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, diverse and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference.
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec’s vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together