Who we are, and what we do
PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product -a high quality solar home system that includes LED satellite TV, fan, radio, torch, phone charger and lighting – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene-based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised over $45 million and has over 600 full time staff across Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal, and Mali. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, Energy Access Champion in October 2019, 2019 Advance Award Winner for Sustainability and was named as one of the “fastest-growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
Working as a key member of the senior management team in a high performance, international environment, the Group Marketing Manager develops and oversees the execution of all marketing initiatives to ensure maximum impact and ROI for all countries in the PEG Group.
The Group Marketing Manager’s primary focus will be to build a marketing/brand strategy for each category and to ensure perfect execution of this at Group level and across markets. He/she will also develop a strong social media presence for the company’s products and services to create awareness amongst target consumers leading to purchase intent.
- For each category, establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across target channels and customer segments
- Lead the execution of such marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support from each market and driving collaboration across the Group
- Develop, manage and organize all marketing materials/collateral in line with agreed brand/product strategies
- Analyse consumer/customer insights, consumer trends and market analyses to build successful strategies
- Lead the development of creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets
- Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
- Manage content and updates for customer and internal touch points, establishing budget guidelines, participating in events, documenting business processes, and providing additional sales support
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets
Successful candidate must have:
- At least 5 years experience working in Brand Marketing at a FMCG/Telecoms company at least 2 years of which has been in a team leadership position
- Demonstrable success in managing a brand(s) to achieve in-market success in terms of revenue and market share growth
- Direct experience of managing a category/product launch a must with evidence of scaling up that category/product over a defined time period
- A strong understanding of field sales – direct experience of working in the Sales force a distinct advantage
- The ability to handle social/digital media – if no direct experience to date this can be learned in the first few months on the job
- Good people skills and the ability to influence and negotiate effectively at all levels
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize, plan, forecast and execute methodically
- Proven experience preparing budgets, reporting and being held accountable for targets
- Experience with CRM tools a benefit
- Fluency in English and French is a must – please do not apply unless you are bilingual since interviews will be carried out in both languages
NB: Group role ideally based in Ghana but could consider Cote d’Ivoire or Senegal