About the job
Based in South Africa, you will direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance, Accounting and Treasury functions of the Solarise Africa Group in South Africa and various other African countries. You will report directly to the Group CEO.
• Responsible for the financial reporting, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all financial information. Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and monthly information reports. Coordinate the establishment of the semi-annual and annual consolidated accounts in close cooperation with the external auditors.
• Responsible for all other financial reporting to shareholders, lenders and other stakeholders
• Maintain the business plan of the group.
• Coordinate the budgeting process of the company, which includes preparation and monitoring.
• Responsible for analysis of accounts, cash flow, cost controls, and expenses. Analyse financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas and provide recommendations.
• Maintaining the accounting aspects of the Solarise IT system (including all bookings, payments, and invoicing) to ensure the highest level of accuracy in financial transactions and audit trail.
• Responsible for all payouts to clients and partners, ensuring relevant documentation was completed and processes correctly followed.
• Responsible for asset and liabilities management. Provide regular asset and liabilities reports to the Management team and Board of Directors of the Group.
• Responsible for cash and treasury management of the holding, as well as all subsidiaries of the group.
• Responsible for admin, accounting, statutory & legal compliance of all companies of the Group, currently in Mauritius, Kenya, South Africa and Rwanda, but to be extended to other countries.
• Responsible for effective group tax planning. Coordinate relations with external advisors
• Active participation in all funding efforts of the group.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• A proven track record in a senior financial management position in emerging markets, preferably in Africa. Experience in either leasing and/or renewable energy, as well as experience in both French-speaking and English-speaking Africa, would be a plus.
• A master’s degree in finance and/or accounting, preferably including a formal accounting qualification (ACA, CFA etc).
• Experience in strategic planning and execution. General knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles. Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines. Work requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule with frequent travels in Africa and elsewhere
• Down to earth, hands-on attitude.
• Team player.
• Proven competence to work in a multicultural environment.
• Fluent in English. Fluent in French would be a plus.
• For non-South African candidates, an existing residency and/or work permit in South Africa
An exciting job in a rapidly growing company with plenty of room for personal initiative and within a multicultural growth environment awaits you.