Main purpose of position
Currently, we are looking for a Financial Manager in Cape Town, South Africa to be part of our global team working together towards our vision – Improving our future. As our Financial Manager you will manage the financial accountant in Mozambique and oversee internal control and accounting software environment of the Mozambique solar park.
- Lead, delegate and manage financial accountant in Mozambique.
- Implement and maintain monthly reporting process to ensure timely reporting for Mozambican entities.
- Assign, delegate and review responsibilities to make sure assigned tasks are clear and executed within timetables.
- Ensure proper processes are in place to ensure all taxes are paid in time.
- Prepare working papers to bring ledgers to a routinely auditable standard
- Interact with external auditors at the time of conducting of audits.
- Evaluate and reporting on business development tax strategies.
- Implement ad-hoc group strategies and projects.
- Intermediate knowledge in ERP systems
- Intermediate Tax knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS
- Remote management experience
- Experience working on companies outside the borders of South Africa
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Prioritisation is key
- Driven and focused to meet tight deadlines without exception
- Numerical aptitude and general financial awareness
- Organized and methodical
- Driven, always looking for ways to improve and having high aspirations for own work
- Excellent managerial delegation and coordination skills
- Communication and team working skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- High social and intercultural competence
- Dedicated and someone who takes “ownership” to tasks and responsibilities
- Self-reliant and efficient and structured
- Flexible and adaptable with a “can-do” attitude
Must be able to work overtime according to operational needs
Position will be based in Cape Town however the role will be managing the financials of Mozambican entities
Scatec is an exciting, innovative and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, diverse and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference.
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec’s vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together