Oolu Solar is a growing solar energy provider in West Africa with presence in Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso and Nigeria and plans to expand within the region.
Finance Strategy at Oolu is responsible for enabling and improving strategic and financial decision-making across the company. We maintain the company’s operating models, analyse performance, guide the company’s cost structure development and drive capital allocation decisions.
We are looking for a Finance Strategy Analyst who will be a key contributor to growth strategy and capital allocation. In this role, you will directly own financial planning for at least two of our countries of operation and in the process contribute to group level strategy.
You will own the countries’ financial model, analyze key business drivers and work alongside department and country heads to develop business cases for strategic initiatives and ensure the efficient allocation of capital.
- Build and update the company financial model
- Own the budgeting and re-forecasting process for assigned countries
- Build business cases for capital allocation
- Collaborate with Country and Department Managers to develop and drive strategic initiatives that generate growth and improve scalability
- Analyze expense budgets and areas for cost-cutting possibilities
- Keep key stakeholders (e.g., management and investors) updated on operational and financial results and planning through presentations and reports
- Ad hoc strategic and financial projects
- Inquisitive self-starter
- Highly analytical and able to structure and communicate ideas and analyses clearly
- Minimum 3 years’ experience conducting business/economic analysis
- Excellent attention to detail and Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work effectively across departments and collaborate with different colleagues ( multicultural environment, all type of seniority)
- Ability to prioritize and structure own workload in a fast-paced environment
- Degree in Finance, Economics or a related field
- Proficiency in English and French
- Investment banking or consulting experience (preferred)
DEADLINE: 14th of March 2021