Havenhill Synergy Limited is a clean-tech utility company committed to improving energy access in rural and urban Nigeria using clean energy sources. We use solar energy to generate clean, safe, cost-effective and sustainable electricity to the underserved and unserved population in Nigeria.
In rural areas, we deploy smart solar mini-grids to commercially viable off-grid rural communities. In urban areas, we help businesses (like factories, large farms etc) reduce the energy cost and provide them with more reliable energy access through our Commercial & Industrial (C&I) solar offering.
As an energy access company, Havenhill is committed to accelerating the pace of increasing energy access within urban and rural Nigeria. This requires a lot of capital – monetary and non-monetary (collaborations, partnerships etc). As our Finance Associate, you will support our Chief Growth Officer in fostering these synergies. In this role, you will be part of a small team working to support all the company’s fundraising efforts for projects. If you are skilful in creating financial magic with 0 and 9, and would love to contribute this skill in solving the energy menace in Nigeria, this role is for you. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Support the Chief Growth Officer with all fundraising activities for the company and individual projects.
- Develop information memorandum, proposals, business plans and related materials about projects for funders, partners and other stakeholders.
- Develop financial reports for investors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Conduct financial analysis of the company’s projects.
- Develop financial models as required for company projects and activities.
- Support the technical team in commercial decisions to ensure all projects developed are bankable.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management and related fields.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Ability to perform basic to intermediate level finance tasks such as financial modelling, analysis and the likes.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and other relevant tools.
- Good knowledge of accounting and financial principles and practices.
- Basic understanding of energy economics.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal). This role involves a lot of communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Zeal to work in a renewable energy environment is a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and relevant software.
Are you interested in this role? Click Here to apply.