Want to join a first mover in renewable energy that is actively seeking early entry into new markets globally? Since the establishment in 2007, Scatec has acquired extensive knowledge and experience in developing, building, and operating solar power plants and we continue to deepen our market position and broaden our offerings. Driven by our company values and competent global workforce, we aim to deliver competitive and sustainable renewable energy globally; protect our environment and improve quality of life through innovative integration of technology, and create shareholder value. We are present in the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East and are headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Main purpose of position
Currently, we are looking for an Engineer in Cape Town, South Africa to be part of our global team working together towards our vision – Improving our future. As our Engineer, you will support the Senior Engineer in managing or leading allocated tasks and design activities towards delivering a technical compliant project, ensuring all technical/contractual requirements are considered and implemented enabling the successful completion of the projects and support in the development and operations of projects by managing or leading allocated technical assessments/investigations, due diligence studies, and designs.
- Follow the guidelines and prescribed structures as outlined by the operating system
- Provide continuous input towards the improvement and optimization of the operating system
- Conduct preliminary yield assessments accurately and timeously based on the information provided
- Support in evaluating the technical business case and provide input to the plausibility of the project
- Develop and establish the technical base case and specifications of the project
- Review and evaluate technical documentation and contracts (PPA, Grid Code, Connection Agreement, etc.)
- Ensure detailed engineering is implemented from the design stage.
- Degree in Electrical/ Electronic/ Electro-Mechanical Engineering (Masters advantageous)
- 4+ years of electrical/electromechanical engineering experience
1+ years of renewable energy experience
1+ years of project environment experience
1+ years distribution and reticulation design experience
- Experience in PVSyst modeling and AutoCAD would be ideal
- Experience in Utility-scale PV project design ideal
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Independent and self-dependent working
- Analytical thinking
- Assertiveness and organizational skills
- High energy level and motivation.
- Proactive and taking initiative
- Good at building relationships and trust, good judgement skills and high integrity
- Good communication and team skills, with ability to work in a cross functional team
- High social and intercultural competence
- Speak and write English fluently. Other language skills like Spanish, German, French are an advantage
- Excellent report writing skills
- Sound knowledge of contracts related to energy generation projects
- Good understanding of Utility interfaces and stakeholders
- Should be available and accustomed to travel extensively internationally to 3rd world or developing countries
- Must be able to work in an open-plan environment
- Must be able to work extended hours
- Must be able to work on-site in various conditions
- Valid driver’s license
- No criminal record
Scatec Solar is an exciting, innovative, and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, diverse, and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference.
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec Solar’s vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together
Deadline is on 12/16/2020