About the job
Daystar Power Group is looking to engage a competent Associate Engineer in Lome, Togo. We are seeking hard-working, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Develop sales opportunities and lead client conversations.
- Conducting site and energy audits.
- Designing PV systems and drawings.
- Issuance of proposals and supporting the sales process from proposal to contract execution.
- Work with legal department to draft sales contract.
- Develops a project plan to execute a sales contract.
- Design and plan solar power installations.
- Leads the supply chain process to order parts internationally and locally.
- Conduct quality assurance of technical installations.
- Direct, coordinate and supervise the installations of solar power solutions.
- Trains client on how to operate and optimally use the system.
- Actively monitors installed site performance and creates a monthly reports for clients.
- Serves as the first line of contact for client complaints.
- Resolves site issues remotely and through site visits.
- Ensures customer satisfaction.
- Drive market research and identify solar energy projects in Francophone West Africa.
- Implement standard operating procedures and HSE standards for solar installation work.
- Develop and coach technical staff to meet the objectives of the company.
- Review technological trends in the local and global energy sector.
- Liaise with regulatory and governmental institutions as required.
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
Experience: A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Electrical Engineering roles, preferably in the renewable energy or power industry
Language Proficiency: French and English
- self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with a high level of commitment and the
- ability to thrive under pressure
- passionate about quality of workmanship
- good communication skills and ability to lead and work well in teams
- discretion in dealing with sensitive information
- highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing
- demands, passion for renewable energy
HSE certification is an advantage
Flexible to travel domestically and internationally
Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Approximately 50% of time shall be spent in office environments with the remaining time in the field.
- The Engineer shall be capable of lifting up to 20kg; stand for an extended period of time; work in outdoor environment.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long-term prospect in a fast-growing company.