About Aptech Africa:
Aptech Africa Ltd. is the EPC company of choice for solar energy and water pumping in Africa. It has offices located in South Sudan, Uganda, Central African Republic, Sierra Leone and Liberia. Aptech currently employs in excess of 100 people in all branches.
The Electrical Engineer will design, engineer and supervise installation of on- and off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems. The systems may include Energy storage (Lead acid or lithium Ion), Backup Generator or grid connection. Energy distribution (Micro grids), Intelligent control circuits for automatic generator start, load shedding and other smart integration and house wiring are occasionally required. Systems size varies between few kW up to several MW.
Role & Responsibilities:
– Office application (~70%)
– Design PV systems
– Create engineering details, elevations, single line diagrams, wiring diagrams and other engineering and construction support documents.
– Evaluate system performance components including voltage drop, power loss, circuit length
– Communicate engineering questions and decisions to vendors, investors, and prime contractors.
– Manage timely and cost efficient implementation of projects while maintaining quality control functions and procedures
– Preparation of bid and tender documents
– Field Application (~30%)
– Perform and/or supervise installation, testing and commissioning of solar hybrid systems according to plan
– Responsible for supervision and coordination of staff and third party contractors carrying out works on site
– Keeping accurate and detailed records of electrical testing, that are suitable for audit
– Reporting and documentation of activities performed on site
– Fault finding for any system that is not performing correctly
– Responsible for performing Corrective and occasionally preventive Maintenance where required
– Bachelors in electrical Engineering, advanced degree desired
– 3+ years’ work experience in design and installation of photovoltaic systems
– Experienced with solar PV system design, inverters, wiring, grounding, utilities interface
– Technically proficient in the field of photovoltaic conversion, direct current and alternate current circuits and protection designs (overcurrent, overvoltage, lightning…)
– Experience working to international standards
– General computer proficiency, proficiency with common design programs such as autocad
– Great organizational and project management skills
– Proven experience with large-scale Solar PV systems >200kWp
– Experience in design and installation of medium voltage (MV) electrical systems
– Experience with Energy storage (Lead Acid and Lithium Ion) preferred
– Proficiency with smart control circuits
Working Conditions – Must be willing to travel to remote project sites for inspection and supervision approximately 30% -50% of time.
If this describes you and you want to work for a company that delivers quality products, innovation and services to its customers please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please cover letter and resume to us with subject mention the position you are applying for, thank you.
Applications via Facebook will not be considered.