Want to join a first mover in solar energy that is actively seeking early entry into new markets globally? Since the establishment in 2007, Scatec Solar has acquired extensive knowledge and experience in developing, building and operating solar power plants and we continue to deepen our market position and broaden our offerings. Driven by our company values and competent global workforce, we aim to deliver competitive and sustainable solar energy globally; protect our environment and improve quality of life through innovative integration of technology; and create shareholder value. We are present in the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East and are headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Main purpose of position
Currently we are looking for a ED Manager: Economic and SMME Development (12 month contract) in Cape Town, South Africa to be part of our global team working together towards our vision – Improving our future. As our ED Manager: Economic and SMME Development you be responsible for the conceptualisation, implementation and administration of economic and Small, Medium and Micro Enterprise (SMME) development interventions as part of the Socio-Economic Development (SED), Economic Development (ED) and Trust funded activities of Scatec Solar in South Africa.
- Conceptualisation, Implementation and Administration of Economic and Smme Development Interventions
- Contribute to the Reporting Team
- Project Management and Administration of all Project Interventions linked to Economic and SMME Development
- Payment Facilitation and Oversight
- General Support to Sustainability
- Bachelor of Commerce degree, Development Economics, Development studies or related degree
- Post-graduate qualification in Development Economics (Ideal)
- Extensive experience in areas such as project management, community investment initiatives and investments, Enterprise Development, Socio Economic Development
- Experience in NGO, Public benefits or Governmental institutions
- Good project management skills
- First-rate reporting skills, as well as good communication and presentation skills
- Good command of English is critical
- Good analytical skills is critical
- Good to advanced financial administration skills will be an advantage
- Should be available and accustomed to travel extensively to the communities that are close to our sites in various parts of Southern Africa
- Must be able to work in open plan environment
Scatec Solar is an exciting, innovative and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, diverse and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference.
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec Solar’s vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together