WHO WE ARE
GivePower’s mission is to electrify the world with clean energy, and provide greater health, economic and educational opportunities to developing regions that need it most. Our growing team is made up of passionate, creative problem-solvers who value community, vision, and impact. We focus on building and operating projects that provide solar-powered solutions for improving education, water access, food production, and conservation. We also provide life-changing voluntourism treks for donors and teams wishing to be a part of the impact they’re making. Born from the Silicon Valley clean tech industry, we create and deploy innovative technology to solve some of the world’s biggest problems. If you crave an opportunity to meaningfully improve the lives of those in need, come join the charge!
Kenya is one of GivePower’s most active countries. GivePower has been deploying projects in Kenya since 2015 powering schools and conservation areas. Kenya is also the birthplace of GivePower’s award-winning water desalination technology. All of the different aspects of the organization including our trek program, solar installation, and desalination efforts are active and growing in Kenya.
As the Kenya Country Manager, you will oversee all our activities in Kenya and be responsible for managing all in-country staff on a day-to-day basis. By working closely with the leaders of these specific areas of excellence as well as teams on the ground, you’ll manage all our staff and operations to ensure that all areas of activity are performing well and in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will have a passion for assisting those in need, empowering women, and will have a background in project management, team leadership, operations, financial management and social impact projects. Others would describe you as a highly organized, detail-oriented, process-driven person with a flair for seeing the big picture while leading a quickly growing team to execute on goals. You are viewed by colleagues as an exceptional leader, wise decision maker and a reliable person that gets the job done.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Kenyan entity both domestically and internationally
- Recruit, train, and manage all in-country staff while creating a company culture where everyone can thrive
- Build valuable relationships with vendors, suppliers, communities, government entities, etc., to promote the organization’s mission
- Participate in international leadership team meetings providing clear insights and updates on Kenyan programs
- Work closely with the international leadership team to ensure all departments coordinate smoothly on projects
- Manage the daily operations of Solar Water Farms, ensuring that projects are hitting all of their KPIs
- Partner with the water distribution team to manage channel sales strategies
- Develop and manage the trek program, our impact travel program to help rural villages
- Coordinate with the US and Kenyan operations teams on any project constructed in Kenya
- Refine and optimize standard operating procedures and processes including but not limited to employee handbooks for all Kenyan positions
- Manage all revenue and expenses for the Kenyan entity to ensure they are within budget
- Develop implementation plans for new initiatives that set realistic and measurable goals, assign accountability and ensure due dates are met across departments
- Schedule and lead team meetings with all Kenyan team members to ensure the above plans are executed
- Protect GivePower from any liability in the country and ensure legal compliance
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, masters degree a plus
- Minimum five years’ experience in a senior management role
- Strong ability to see broad projects and break them down into executable plans
- Experience working with diverse skill sets and cultural backgrounds
- Very strong skills in Excel and Powerpoint, Asana a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in diverse communities, particularly in low-income communities
- Willing and able to travel throughout Kenya
- Swahili and English language fluency
Benefits include medical insurance, flexible paid time off, and the ability to work remotely.
GivePower is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply.