Created at the end of 2009, CVE is a French producer of renewable, multi-energy and multi-country energies. The group initiated its international development in 2014. It is now made up of Cap Vert Energie (our historic brand) for France, CVE Chile, CVE North America, CVE International (new markets in Africa) and CVE Green Finance.
CVE develops, finances, builds and operates photovoltaic plants, anaerobic digestion units and hydroelectric plants, with the objective of meeting the energy and environmental needs of businesses and regions.
Today, with € 450 million invested in our assets, with a capacity of 295 MWp allowing a turnover of € 60 million, CVE is experiencing strong growth, which it has built around 4 values: the preponderance of people, commitment, quality (CVE is ISO click apply certified) and transparency.
The team is made up of 180 employees, 40 of whom are based abroad, divided between commercial, technical (engineering, construction, operation), administrative and financial missions.
CVE’s ambition is to build, within 4 years, a fleet of complementary, clean and sustainable energy production assets with a capacity of 1.7 GW.
CVE has been active in South Africa since 2017. Our strategy in this country is to approach the Commercial & Industrial market and to offer direct sales of energy to companies. With nearly 3 MWp in operation and under the responsibility of the country manager, CVE aims to become a leader in the South African market and has the will to develop its activities and its team accordingly.
- As part of its strong growth in France and internationally, and with the opening of a subsidiary in South Africa, the CVE group is looking for a Country Director who will have the challenge of developing project activities photovoltaics in South Africa and meet the objectives of this new subsidiary.
The Main Responsibilities Are
- Launch, organize, structure the subsidiary in line with the CVE group’s strategy: decentralized renewable energy production sold through PPA contracts to businesses and local communities (C&I market).
- Manage operations: business development, construction, O&M of solar power plants, customer service for the sale of electricity.
- Ensure the financing of solar assets with the support of our project financing team.
Strategy, P&L And Reporting
More generally, he / she will represent the Group in South Africa and will be responsible for all aspects of the management of a subsidiary and will be in charge of:
- Define the strategy of CVE South Africa adapted to the market and local regulations
- Establish the business plan and annual budget
- Define a local vision aligned with the group’s strategy
- Manage the P&L according to the budget defined
- Ensure consistent and transparent reporting to the group
Team Recruitment And Management
- Define HR needs and carry out recruitments
- Set team objectives
- Train and develop employees, monitor and evaluate performance
- Relay and implement the policy and values of the CVE group
- Manage relations between the head office and the South African teams to ensure full integration of the team within the group
- Support the development of projects and the sale of electricity to achieve objectives in the C&I market
- Identify, size and launch new activities or market opportunities
- Maximize performance through key partnerships
- Coordinate relations with banks and investors
- Collaborate on project financing activities with teams at head office
- Manage assets while respecting the Group’s target IRR
- Organize technical construction operations and O&M
- Implement subcontracts
- Maximize operational efficiency in accordance with the group’s processes
- Apply the group’s quality policy
- Ensure the application of the Ethics Charter
- Represent CVE South Africa to the South African administration, local authorities and local associations
- Strengthen the notoriety of the CVE brand
The Country Director is responsible for the results of the subsidiary, reports to the founding partners and works closely with the Director of International Development.
Trained as a Grande École de Commerce and / or General Engineer, you have more than 10 years of professional experience, including several years in South Africa with similar responsibilities in renewable energies, the development of an international activity and the management of a business unit in a multicultural organization. You also have a strong experience of sales and technical operations in the industrial field, ideally in renewable energies.
Recognized negotiator, you are capable of understanding, concluding and managing strategic partnerships and complex transactions. You are endowed with a spirit of initiative, a solid management capacity oriented towards results and a strong sense of team and responsibility.
With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you have demonstrated your ability to manage successfully. Endowed with a strong interpersonal skills, you know how to mobilize, lead and manage a team around the achievement of objectives.
Loyal, you also know how to demonstrate a strong respect for ethics, legal obligations and the values of the group.
You must be bilingual French / English. Practice of Dutch is a plus.
You are convinced that renewable energies have a major role to play in the future and wish to be an actor in this change. You want to invest yourself in a dynamic structure that is growing strongly, carrying an ambitious and exciting business project.