Roles & Responsibilities :
- Study and execute the project planning as per given SLDs., Power and control scheme and equipment drawing and mentioned BOQs /BOM
- Planning, coordination between Project manager/head and vendor team for timely completion of the Project, Erection, commissioning activities of & transmission line (Double circuit) as per IS and International standards.
- Simulation check for WTI, OTI, MFM and protective relays for remote operations and monitoring.
- Erection and commissioning of Switchgear equipment with different size of power and control cables.
- Performing pre-commissioning check.
- Documentation regarding quality compliances, pre-commissioning, post-commissioning test report carried out with the vendor.
- Execute the DC work for both thin film and polycrystalline including cable stringing and SMB/SCB testing
- SCADA erection and commissioning
- Site supervision and execution during DTC installation. L.T. network, H.T. network (including cable) installation/maintenance.
- H.T. and L.T. Cable lying as per load diversion.
- Preventive maintenance to avoid cable fault by carrying out protection over sheath insulation to avoid insulation fault due to moisture.
- Testing and Inspection of transformers, Cables & Poles.
- Testing of transformer oil. Testing of DO & MCB, MCCB to verify them for reuse.
- Material inspection & approval.
- H.T. Network, L.T. Network, L.T.P.S., DTC quality site visit.
- Installation and testing of autorecloser, sectionalizer and their routine maintenance. Maintaining the daily, weekly reports.
- Installation of APFC panel for power factor improvement. Training session of the contractors & technicians.
- Electrical Engineering graduate or Diploma.
- Knowledge of LILO, Substation equipment for commissioning.
- Knowledge on Interconnectivity of solar plant to Grid.
- Knowledge of charging protocol for solar plant equipment UPS, RMU, MV Switchgear, Auxiliary System, UPS and Auxiliary DBs, PV array and SMB and Inverter.
- The OEM (original equipment manufacturer for respective equipment testing and commissioning within limited time period.
- Knowledge of handling every testing equipment from Megger, Primary Injection Kit, CRM kit, Breaker analyzer, CPC-100,CMC-356,CT analyzer and IV curve tracer analyzer kit.
- Knowledge of PLC power plant controller and power quality test under the norms and contract of Grid authority.
We encourage you as a job applicant to apply using LinkedIn. We at the moment are not using any external resources/ consultants to help us with the hiring’s in Kenya.
Thank you for reading through this document, we will respond to resumes which match closely with the Position Description / other criteria as mentioned above we will communicate further only if we shortlist your resume.