In 2015 CrossBoundary founded its first direct investment vehicle, CrossBoundary Energy (CBE). Operated out of Nairobi, Kenya, CBE is the continent’s first and largest owner & operator of distributed solar PV installations for African corporates, providing cheaper and cleaner energy to African businesses through Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs). CBE currently manages a solar PV portfolio of over 30MW of assets awarded, under construction, or operational, and is actively developing a larger portfolio across Kenya, Rwanda, Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and other African countries. Learn more at www.crossboundaryenergy.com/energy.
CrossBoundary Energy (CBE) is recruiting a full-time Chief Commercial Officer. As a member of the CBE team, you will actively support deploying the $100M fund to finance solar-hybrid assets for businesses throughout Africa. You will be leading a business development team that generates sales in both the enterprise and mining sectors
CrossBoundary is not a development firm and is not seeking typical development skills – CBE will look to you for practical insights on how to make discrete business decisions that will directly affect our overall business outcomes.
Who We Are
The CrossBoundary Group operates in frontier markets that also hold immense investment opportunities. The chosen candidate will play an essential role in a unique team with the opportunity to make a large impact on the renewable energy landscape in Africa. Team members come from diverse backgrounds, but share a number of qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
Who You Are
- Experienced leader who is passionate about clean energy and its potential to transform fragile states and frontier markets in Africa
- Creative thinker with an ability to craft non-traditional and innovative solutions to practical problems
- Great relationship-builder and textbook extrovert
- Strong relationships with leaders of Africa’s energy-intensive industries (manufacturing, agriculture, fast-moving consumer goods, mining) and robust inroads into multinational corporations in Africa and their relevant decision-makers
- Empathetic and thoughtful leader that can drive performance within a team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively in a changing, challenging context
- Manage the P&L for the BD team (including spend allocation for project development) and ultimate accountability for CBE’s sales targets
- Influence senior client stakeholders in introductory discussions, negotiations and fire-fighting
- Review and improve existing sales strategies and processes to ensure ongoing success
- Actively mentor CBE’s BD team and provide strategic advice to CBE’s leadership team
- Actively engage with other teams including finance, engineering and operations to ensure effective collaboration between functions towards the combined mission
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Proven track record in being able to grow and manage a successful sales/BD team
- 10+ years of sales or business development experience in Africa
- Experience working in the commercial energy sector
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in emerging markets
- 10+ years of experience working in selling products/services to large industrial clients.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Equal Opportunity Employer
CrossBoundary is an equal opportunity employer