About the job
John Cockerill Group develops large-scale technological solutions to meet the needs of our times: preserving natural resources, contributing to greener mobility, producing sustainably, combating insecurity and facilitating access to renewable energy. Its offer to companies, states and communities takes the form of services and associated equipment for the energy, defense, industry, environment, transportation and infrastructure sectors.
Driven since 1817 by the entrepreneurial spirit and thirst for innovation of their founder, the Group’s 6,000 employees have enabled it to achieve a turnover of 1.3 billion
Context of Need
John Cockerill is today acting as an OEM for either EPC contractors or Utility companies. We deliver boilers adapted to gas turbines, industrial boilers, solar receivers for solar concentration power plant. We are present on all continents and sell on a worldwide basis. Our main offices are in the USA, Belgium, and China. As part of the decarbonization trend, we have taken a leadership position in the manufacturing of electrolyzers for the industrial production of Green Hydrogen.
The development of the green economy, with its important challenges and opportunities, requires a specific organization. For this purpose, all our renewable energy activities are currently being re-grouped under “John Cockerill Renewables”, specifically thermal solar, hydrogen and Integrated Renewables Solutions.
In a context where more and more private and public actors are looking to reduce their carbon footprint, while also managing their energy costs, John Cockerill Renewables ambitions to design and offer turnkey Integrated Renewables Solutions (“IRS”), combining a range of technologies (storage, PV, wind, cogen, H2, biomass, district cooling, e-chargers etc.) to deliver the most efficient solutions from economic and environmental standpoints. The clients targeted by our IRS initiative are private and public players active in the industrial and tertiary sectors. Ultimately, we aim to offer Energy-as-a-Service solutions, in combining EPC, financing (with Cockerill Capital) and O&M (with John Cockerill Services).
In Africa where solar power and storage solutions are unique opportunities: solar power is cheaper than conventional in most African countries and storage offers the balancing. Companies and communities are often suffering from poor grid or offgrid, and looking for competitive, reliable and cleaner energy.
Nature & Scope
Reporting to the Head of Integrated Renewables Solutions, the Business Development & Sales Manager for Africa will be responsible to lead the development of this activity across the African continent : lead business development activities, including identifying and developing new business opportunities, building customers and partners relationships and entering into commercial agreements.
- Develop IRS activities across the continent, identify and develop new business opportunities, build customers and partners relationships, enter into commercial agreements, with specific initial focus on 1) C&I clients, 2) offgrid communities and 3) grid support solutions
- Develop IRS projects with partners and clients, including structuring projects, entering into partnerships and securing necessary funding and subsidies
- Lead the preparation of commercial offers, with inputs from the wider team (technical, finance, legal etc.)
- Negotiate and close agreements, including sales contracts, partnership agreements, joint development agreements and financing agreements
- Implement adequate partnerships in order to accelerate the go-to-market and access local capabilities
- Lead the design of the IRS strategy across Africa, by market segment, geographical area and product line. Prioritize opportunities
- Monitor and follow closely market evolutions, including IRS supporting regulations and subsidies/funding programs
- Prepare and participate in internal John Cockerill approval process for new binding commercial commitments
- Represent the company at various external events in priority countries in Africa. Develop and manage relationships with clients, suppliers, and partners
- 10 years professional experience in business or commercial roles in an international context (having successfully closed several transactions)
- 5 years of experience in the energy industry, ideally in renewables
- Solid operational experience in Africa, including on project development and commercial activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, business acumen, autonomous and driven
- Experience with young growing industrial organisations
- Engineering or master’s business degree
- Fluency in English and French. Other languages are “plus”
John Cockerill Energy offers you more than just a job or a career but above all the opportunity to work on attractive projects. It’s the opportunity to participate in tomorrow’s world! You will have the opportunity to touch the very concrete, very technical aspects of the projects but also the opportunity to be creative and to propose innovative solutions! Do you want to take up the challenge?
We offer you a career in a dynamic and ambitious group, aware of the value of its first resource, its employees. This opportunity is an entry point to a future that you will be responsible for creating in our mutual interest.
Apply via www.johncockerill.com