Sterling and Wilson Solar Ltd. requires a qualified and competent Business Development Manager / Lead – Business Development for their Cape Town office in South Africa. The brief roles & responsibilities are:
- Direct marketing efforts, create and implement marketing and sales strategies, and make appropriate revisions to the strategic plan, as necessary, to expand growth.
- Understand our value proposition and use this knowledge to show prospects the value Sterling and Wilson (SW) is bringing to the renewable market.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of industry trends on SW’s current performance and competitive outlook.
- Build and manage an effective pipeline of new opportunities.
- Manage due diligence for the development or acquisition of projects.
- Develop new and existing client relationships within the renewable energy market in South Africa.
- Oversee client retention, proactive client management, and opportunity development in collaboration with internal teams.
- Attend meetings with clients and notify key people of business developments.
- Manage the sales process from lead generation to contract acceptance, as well as through ongoing relationship management.
- Manage the development of proposals for presentation and delivery.
- Manage contract development and the negotiations process with new and existing clients.
- Assist with budget development and provide support for new/existing growth initiatives.
- Work closely with internal and external resources in terms of structuring, negotiating, and closing project transactions.
- Lead marketing activities and represent SW at relevant networking events (in-person and virtually).
- Oversee and manage the business development team in both project/program leadership as well as individual and team-based staff management activities including talent acquisition, staff development, performance management, and goal setting.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Postgraduate in Management (Sales / Marketing / Business Development) desirable.
Experience: 12 to 14 years – a preferred experience in PV solar sales / Business Development.
- Candidates should be able to communicate in English and any other language is widely spoken in South Africa.
- Candidates should be willing to travel extensively.