Business Development Consultant – C&I – Arusha, Tanzania
- Responsible for project origination across the Business Units through the identification and packaging of different market-specific value propositions.
- Respond to requests for proposals (RFPs), developing and drafting project proposals for solar and solar plus storage solutions.
- Build strong relationships with project financiers.
- Responsible for negotiation with clients for EPC contracts and facilitate deal closure.
Project Development and Management
- Manage sales processes and interfaces with various teams (Project Execution and Finance) across different Business Units.
- Oversee the preparation of quotes for various EPC projects, performing cost analysis and comparison with competitor prices.
- Manage client relationships and ensure that their needs and requirements are met during project execution.
- Perform regular check-ins with Project Managers to gauge project progress, ensuring that they are on schedule and under budget.
- Manage the handover of projects to Project Execution teams by streamlining existing processes and supporting them after contract signing.
- Manage EPC contracts with the support of the legal and technical teams.
- Build and manage relationships with key partners across the private and public sectors, academia, and governmental institutions to explore C&I projects across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Represent PowerGen at industry events, identify and cultivate important partnerships.
- Develop marketing campaigns, lobbying, and public relations for commercial and industrial projects
- Benchmark state of the art practices to recommend profit and service improvements
- University degree
- 5-10 years’ work experience in business development or direct sales
- Experience in the energy, cleantech, or utility sectors in a similar role
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office products
- Work experience in East Africa or another emerging market
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in both English and Swahili preferred
- Enthusiasm in working in the field of renewable energy!