- This event has passed.
The benefits of solar thermal technology for industrial and residential use in Africa
June 30 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
It is estimated that 49% of the entire energy consumption globally is used for producing heat. But 75% of this heat is produced through burning fossil fuels.
Solar energy, when harvested through solar thermal technology (as opposed to the more famous solar photovoltaic), offers a compelling solution to address this need for heat while at the same time significantly reduce gas emissions.
Solar thermal technologies are not always well known. Very often people think this technology is limited to large CSP plants (concentrated solar power) in north and south Africa. But industrial companies as well as individuals can also greatly benefit from solar thermal technologies.
In this webinar we will:
- Discover how individual house can greatly save on their electricity bills by replacing electric water heaters with solar water heaters
- Hear about the reasons why Iberafrica in Kenya decided to switch to solar thermal technologies and how it helps the company improve its operations and reduce OPEX
- Understand the motivation of an international investor to build a solar thermal technology manufacturing plant in Botswana
- Explain to listeners how they can benefit from solar thermal technologies, either directly at their homes or for their industrial activities
During this webinar you will get great insights from the following panelists:
- Michelle Cross – Head of International Business Development at Planet SOAR
- Pauline Dusabemariya – Coordinator at Munyax Eco
- Troy Barrie – CTO at Ariya Finergy
- Jeff Kimanthi – technical office manager at Iberafrica