- This event has passed.
Managing Investment risk for Commercial & Industrial projects in Sub-Saharan Africa
July 27 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The market of the Commercial & Industrial segment has started maturing in Sub-Saharan Africa in the last few years. The dominant business model up till now is a direct purchase, however, some companies are also offering financing options including PPA and rental & leasing.
Renewable energy projects, in general, require substantial capital investments and depend on predictable, long-term cash flows in order to provide investment returns that can attract that capital, operators and investors should understand the risks and how to mitigate them.
In this webinar, Jinko Solar together with AREF & Huawei, will address the risks in renewable energy projects and to which party can they be assigned; how risks can be managed, and at what cost; and which risks can be eliminated in order to make solar PV C&I investments viable in the long run. This session will look at:
• Overview of the C& I market in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Introducing latest Jinko’s innovation and potential impact on C& I in projects SSA.
• Consideration for component reliability in solar PV plants.
• How to manage long term project risks to ensure minimal deviation from expected returns.
• Key considerations for investing in solar PV projects in Africa.
• Hindrances to achieving short payback periods in solar PV projects.
• Fuse Free Design, Low maintenance product and Low Failure higher availability
• IV Curve & Fusion solar monitoring & AFCI for mitigating fire risk to ensure safety of the PV plant.
- Titus Koech, Technical Services Engineer | Middle East & Africa
- Rizwan Razaq, CTO, Huawei Solar | Middle East & Africa