- This event has passed.
Floating Solar in Africa: Opportunities & Challenges
October 27 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Floating solar has always been a subject of curiosity and also a source of hope for countries and islands with limited land. This technology is evolving fast and research is being done to assess its potential in Africa. Finding an ideal location for water to meet the sun and create a strong source of energy without affecting the space are the promises of floating solar among others: higher energy yield, reduction of the evaporation of the water plant and improvement of water quality.
Floating solar photovoltaic technologies open new opportunities for scaling up solar generation capacity in Africa.
In this webinar we will address different aspects:
- What is the status of floating solar in Africa
- Higher in cost than traditional PV installation, how is this difference absorbed
- What are the different technics used in this sector
- How can water reservoirs be used efficiently
- Is floating solar adapted for every application
- Is a new economy possible below the panel in this better quality water