- This event has passed.
Climate Equity and Corporate RE Procurement – Linking High-impact Procurement to Energy Development Needs in Africa
September 7, 2021 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
With over 300 corporations committing to 100% renewable energy globally, there is a significant opportunity to leverage corporate procurement dollars to support high-impact, climate positive energy access projects in regions that struggle to attract traditional climate finance and corporate investment. Microsoft’s recent inclusion of climate equity in its annual sustainability report is a promising development and illustrates how companies are beginning to extend their sustainability commitments to include broader social benefits. This webinar will highlight examples of, and opportunities for, corporate engagement and renewable energy procurement mechanisms for high-impact projects in Africa. We will present on the landscape of renewable energy development in Africa, the acute financing needs to support energy access projects across the continent, and the opportunities to leverage corporate renewable energy and climate commitments to accelerate Africa’s energy transition.
- Joan Chahenza, Director, Energy Access Financial Advisory, African Minigrid Developers Association (AMDA)
- Olivia Coldrey, Head, Energy Finance and Clean Cooking, Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) (Co-host)
- Vanessa Miler-Fels, Director Energy Innovation and Impact, Microsoft
- Sherwin Das, Managing Director, Energy Peace Partners (Co-host)
- Orrin Cook, Innovative Finance and Asia Program Lead, Energy Peace Partners (Co-host)